Friday, July 25, 2008



Well, today is my last 10 hour day in a string of 23 ten hour days catering for Harvard's Summer conferences. Tomorrow is my first full weekend off o=in a loooooooong time! Blissfully I can sleep past 4:00 am tomorrow as I won't have to be at Harvard by 6:00!

Now I have the joy of facing the dreaded basement remodeling that wills tart in August, i.e the joy of cleaning out 10 years of accumulated crap thus allowing the contractors access to the space that needs to be remodeled! I am way to much of a pack rat and working in bookstores and libraries for over 25 years has allowed me to collect way to many old books that I will probably never read again but cannot bear to throw away. Anyone in need/want of some vintage Americana titles let me know!

1 comment:

K-A said...

Yay, books! It is really difficult to part with them. When I left Savannah I had to work hard on parting with as many as I could. I managed to part with 16 boxes, but I still managed to keep roughly 40 boxes.

I hope the remodelling goes well. It's a lot of work and an inconvenience, but the payoff will be wonderful.