Thursday, June 11, 2009

Coming up for air or perhaps slipping down


Sorry about the lack of posts but I've been rather swamped as of late. Maybe it was more than just coincidence, but I'd just finished reading Mildred Pierce and I was suddenly offered a wait staff job. three nights a week, one night in kitchen.  While it may lack all the usual glamour of catering(SARCASM!) it's a restaurant within walking distance of my home and a chance at a set schedule, rather than running and begging for shifts from catering company to catering company. The salary should nestle in nicely with my unemployment benefits to keep me afloat.

If you ever find yourself in the hood stop by at the Centre Street cafe, Tuesdays Thursdays or Saturdays

4 comments:

TJB said...

God bless you and all wait staff; I could never, ever do your job. I'd smack a customer upside the head with a tray the first time they got snippy with me.

"My mother...a waitress!"

TJB said...

PS. In a few months, you'll have a chain!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Waitressing was the only job I ever really loved. And Amy Sedaris says that she likes waitressing better than acting...so that puts us in good company, right?

ilduce said...

Right you are Miss Jill! I actually do enjoy working at the cafe, but I can't wait until I've saved enouhgh tips to open a successful chain of chicken and waffle restaurants.....as TJB forsees.