Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two missteps away from the home....


Alrighty, so I came home from lunch with the lovely Norma, put my kettle on for some green tea and then became engrossed in updating my resume online (I am still unemployed after all) 40 minutes later I wander down to my kitchen to encounter an odd smell and suddenly wonder why the flames underneath the kettle are green?!? Fully realizing that this is not a good sign I turn the burner off only to have the spout fall off the kettle! The heat from boiling it dry un-soldered the unit! I didn't think that was within the realm of possibility.
Obviously I need to get a job, I am to unsafe to be puttering around at home!!!! Somebody help me!!!
Oh, and now I'm kettle-less, by the bye.......

4 comments:

Norma said...

I've put eggs on to boil and then LEFT THE HOUSE, having completely forgotten about them...ugh. Lunch was soooooooo great; let's do it again some time soon! Now get back to that resume...

ilduce said...

The resume is done to perfection. Mock interviews are schecdule for next week.

I'm thinking of showing up shirtless in chippendale cuffs, collar and bowtie. Will it improve my chances?

jason said...

A career in science perhaps...you're half way there with the labs.

Norma said...

It all depends on who's interviewing you, I suppose. ;) And for what position.