Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's that time of year again......



Even if it is against my will.....

It's chicken soup time! Yes, for those of you that follow my little meanderings here you might remember mention this diet/cutting phase in the past.

Alas not exactly my decision this time, the choice is being thrust upon me at this juncture. Being healthily eupeptic I put on more than my share of holiday weight last month, of course the weight plate toe injury taking me out of cardio didn't much help! Even more distressing, I've been ordered to stop lifting heavy weights for a while by my physical therapist. It seems my shoulders aren't happy in having to cooperate in lifting my body weight over my head.

All these ill stars aligning have deigned that I might as well go on a cutting phase, i.e reduce carbs, increase cardio(now that my toes are healed) and redirect my workouts to lighter weights and longer reps to tone. This would be all well and good in March or April when I usually start to prep for bathing suit season. where/how in hell am I going to show of my bathing suit form in February in the middle of New England?

1 comment:

jason said...

oh no...not the chicken soup again!

(though actually that picture makes it look pretty good.)