Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Home again, home again


No, I didn't run it. I've spent the last 10 days running the dining facility for the Elite Athletes Villa for the top 30 placed runners. I've never seen so many fit people eating so much white rice and white bread. It was against everything I stood for, I kept stopping myself from forcing whole wheat on them.
It was a great gig and it paid my mortgage for the month, now if I can only get my spare bedrooms rented I'll be able to stay in my home despite getting laid off. If anyone knows of someone who's moving to Boston, see: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/1133412318.html

6 comments:

jason said...

for a minute there I thought "running the dining facility" meant a marathon in the dining room...jumping over tables, or relaying plates... or something.
Maybe it did. Who knows.

But...just the same
Welcome home!

Michael Guy said...

I know, and they were all skinny as a rail, right? If I even look at a plate of white rice... just saying, my ass turns into a Swan boat...

PRETTY digs!

Norma said...

That must've been fun/exhausting! Good gig, though! If the temptation to ditch this plastic suburban nightmare and all its trappings (y'know, the whole husband & kids thing) gets too overwhelming, you may have yourself a housemate... : )

ilduce said...

Norma, We'd be too dangerous together. given our old school Eastie mentality and I see the neighbors rising up in revolt with sticks and torches, and still losing.....

Norma said...

We need to go out to lunch. Got any time next week? E-mail me!!!

mrpeenee said...

Who needs roommates when prostitution is so easy to get into, also by way of Craigslist?

Just a suggestion.