Sunday, January 3, 2010

Escape from Cabin Fever

This was one of my favorite books as a middle reader. I remember reading it several times over, mainly sitting in my Aunt Mary's kitchen in the recliner she kept there reading and dreaming of running away just like Tony and Tia(yes I know running away seems to be a recurring them, see previous post, but lordy East Boston was DULL back in the day and I was cursed with a little something called imagination or hankering for adventure.

Mainly I was  impressed that Tony and Tia had cash and could purchase tickets to go somewhere. Cash was a commodity sorely lacking in my childhood pockets. Years later when reading "Catcher in the Rye" I kept wondering what old Holden was doing complaining about anything when he could afford a weekend in New York city all on his own. But I digress....


We are in the midst of a three day snow storm cycle here in Boston and I an going stir crazy. Not having my copy of "Escape to Witch Mountain" to peruse, I decided to watch the new film sequel on TV.


Not a good idea, I had to give up within a half hour. Not even Dwayne Johnson's acting "talents" could save the film for me.
Alas back to the boredom of cabin fever.

3 comments:

mrpeenee said...

Sorry, were you saying something? All I could hear were Dwayne's nipples.

Salty Miss Jill said...

I saw that movie during its original run at the drive-in. Dang, I'm old.

Norma said...

I thought our childhood was pretty cool! :)