Saturday, May 1, 2010

Feast or Famine


After over a year of unemployment I'd taken a stop gap job at the caterer I've been bartending for, as their staff coordinator. They've said directly that they are grooming me for further management positions and possibly sales. All was fine and dandy. good hours, good pay, alas no benefits, so I was still sweating bullets without health care.

And SHAZAAM! Within two weeks of starting if three competing job offers came jumping out of the woodwork! One of them is a librarian job in keeping with my professional career, only part time but with benefits......

SOOOOO Guess who is now officially off unemployment????? With benefits and full time pay combined from the two jobs!!!!!

3 comments:

K-A said...

Bravo, this is wonderful news. Congratulations to you!

David Toms said...

Brilliant!! It never rains, it pours!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Hooray!!! You will keep us posted?