Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksigiving approacheth!




I know that it's is now deemed politically incorrect but I readily admit that I LOVE thanksgiving. It is my favorite Holiday, (seconded only by Easter due to the happy convergence of new clothes, spring bulbs in bloom and white chocolate bunnies) Thanksgiving combines a nice sentiment, family togetherness and a traditionally but fantastic menu without all the uber-pumped expectations of dreaded Christmas soon to follow.

I know that as a Holiday it hideously represents our forefathers and our current society royally screwing the Indians, and here I plead immunity as my forefathers were back in Sicily & Padua harvesting eggplants while all this was going on, but still...

Maybe there is some fitting Justice in the fact that the Indians gave the white Man tobacco and all it's ensuing health problems. Hence this lovely ad which features more cigarettes in five courses than I've smoked in my entire life.

No comments: