Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Joan or Roz?


From IMDB: "Domineering Harriet Craig holds more regard for her home and its possessions than she does for any person in her life. Among those she treats like household objects are her kind husband Walter, whom she has lied to about her inability to have children; her cousin Claire, whom she treats like a secretary; and her servants whom she treats like slaves."





For my money it's the role Joan lived.  But Rosalind Russell actually breathes a little sympathy into the broken character in the end.


Which version do you all  prefer?

1 comment:

Muscato said...

It's a role Joan was born to play, but one that Roz actually acts. I think I'd rather adore both than have to choose. I once saw both versions at on old rep house in Manhattan at one sitting - possibly the most exhausting evening of my life, because obviously I went home and cleaned. And drank.