Tuesday, April 28, 2015

In the weeds.


It was my first day as Library Director yesterday.  I was told my arrival date coincided with the packing and shipping of our book collection prior to construction. When it did not happen I asked the staff who knew nothing about it. The longest serving librarian gave her notice last week and will be  retiring this Friday. One of my three part time librarians landed a full time job and will be leaving the same day. My other full time Librarian remotely announced she will be most likely out on disability for another month or two The Financial Aid office announced they've used up the school's allotted funds for the semester so I lost my dozen Federal Work Study positions.  All of this coincided with the dean announcing the library will be open (AND STAFFED!) for extended hours during finals week .

Surprisingly I did not drink.  Yet.

2 comments:

RAINETTE (l'énigmatique) said...

good luck and don't drink and drive :)

Thombeau said...

Keep it together, Minnelli!