Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Rest in Peace


Coleen Gray (October 23, 1922 – August 3, 2015)
The last of his Dark City Dames, via Eddie Mueller:
"My last dame is gone. Always had a feeling she'd be the last to go. After collaborating on my book "Dark City Dames," Coleen and I became friends, even though our views on the big issues were quite divergent. She was an exceptional person, who made a fulfilling life for herself. As an actress ... much better than SHE thought. It always surprised her to see herself onscreen with the likes of the men pictured here. In noir, she was usually their only hope, the one ray of light in the Dark City. Jane Greer, Audrey Totter, Marie Windsor, Ann Savage, Evelyn Keyes ... and now Coleen. All gone. And please don't say "They're all together now." I had to play referee the one time they were all together ... Coleen was a believer, so I hope she's found her eternal reward. Me, I'll just watch NIGHTMARE ALLEY again."

No comments: