Sunday, August 28, 2016

DO NOT get me started!!!!



So, I am taking my family out to dinner because my, and another family member's birthday, are coinciding, and both are pretty major milestones.

Because it's a special occasion, I've chosen a favorite Boston landmark, the Marliave, one of Boston's oldest and also four star dining experiences  There in seems to lies the rub..  Since choosing the restaurant I've been  accosted with emails and phone calls dripping with fear.

"They have valet parking.  that's too much of a hassle."
"We don't like French food"
and my particular favorite:
"We are simple people with simple tastes."

All this from  folk who've lived, worked and dined in Boston and environs all their lives.  What is going on here? Has the whole world suddenly regressed to serfdom????

van gogh potato eaters

The Potato Eaters, Vincent Van Gogh.





1 comment:

Jon said...

Cancel the booking. Get a Kentucky Fried Bargain Bucket instead. Jx