Monday, December 8, 2008

caffeine withdrawn mind wanderings



The problem of working out of town, in the middle of suburbia, on a campus surrounded by wetlands, is that you are cut off from everything the entire eight hours you are on campus. Every errand becomes a chore involving getting your car and driving off campus.

This morning I wanted coffee and I wanted it BAD, in the way only a true addict can crave his or her caffeine fix. Now do we provide coffee on campus? Yes. Is it palatable or even drinkable, NO! Do I own a car? No. Is there a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts anywhere less than a mile and a half away? NO! You see how the universe is against me.

If I worked in Dick Van Dyke’s office, not only would I have the benefit of working all day with the likes of Buddy and Sally wisecracking it up, (not to mention being located in New York !!!!) But at any given moment I could simply call downstairs and have the coffee shop send up coffee and danish all delivered by an extra in need of a walk on role.

The only thing I could get by calling downstairs right now is one of the tutors from the skills center.

3 comments:

Michael Guy said...

We have FREE coffee here.

And I wish, most days, that someone would set it free as it's the nastiest brew ever!

But calling downstairs for a tutor...you might get lucky there. Just saying.

PS - I always loved Sally's lil' hair bow!

ilduce said...

Out tutors are very cute but very female.

And I always loved sally's bow a well!

mrpeenee said...

Surely on any campus in America, you can score some crack. Maybe you should switch addictions.