Thursday, August 27, 2009

Narcissistic question







Okay, here's my latest, chosen among oh SO many, rant.

Since I've been laid off I've been hitting the gym, let's face it in the past five years I've never given up a chance to hit the gym, pound the gym, try to beat the gym into a submissive pulp.

Also since I've been laid off I've actually had some free time. this means that I am able to go out and socialize. My new part time job waiting tables has gotten me out into the public view a bit more and thankfully after a long long hiatus my social life has picked up a bit. Now, I am not talking much here, but it's a hailstorm for me.

However, here is the fly in my self centered tube of ointment. I've been accused of being to body obsessed, both in viewing mine and potential candidates. So I'm posing the question thus

I've worked long and hard to put together what I assume is a decent package to tempt...how vain is it of me to expect something similar in return?







3 comments:

jason said...

Well, I think you have to go for what you really want, or you won't get it.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Norma said...

Not vain at all, my friend. I am often accused of the same...I certainly think that caring too much is better than not caring enough. I also find it disconcerting when someone clearly out of shape/doesn't work out/doesn't take care of their body (and that's their choice) thinks they are entitled to hit on/score someone who is clearly fit, active, lives/eats healthy...HELLO? Have you heard of leagues? Stay in yours! :) You go for the good stuff, AJV!

TJB said...

Hmmm. As someone with an extremely healthy amount of vanity (HA!), yet a complete allergic reaction to exercise, I'm on the fence with this one - especially as I tend to respond more to a pretty face than a completely jacked bod.

I think you should go after whatever it is that you want, regardless of what that criteria is (handsome face, big pecs, huge bank account) - but not to the point of excluding worthy candidates because they don't fit into a strictly set list of "wants." Do you know what I mean? Don't settle, but don't make your field so narrow that it becomes impenetrable.