Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's not personal, but.......



It seems that Match.com has caught on that I had been locked into a ridiculously low rate for the past  few years, thus making it unnecessary to cancel my personal ad with them. Aaah that bored afternoon when I composed it many years ago! Oh such a hopeful endeavor! My little ever hopeful heart thinking that actual dates might result.

Several thousand "views", many random, and often incredibly misspelled or very oddly worded, email conversations(mostly with agoraphobics or liars), and yes even a few actual in person BAD dates later, Match.com is trying to raise their subscription rates.

I'm not sorry to say that even the entertainment factor they might have offered isn't worth the price in my unemployed budget. Besides, as I've recently discovered, as old fashioned an idea as it may seem, you CAN still pick up men in bars these days. Who knew?

So take a last look fellas, I may as well bring my viewing numbers up before it closes:
http://www.match.com/profile/showprofile.aspx?lid=1000005&TP=U&Handle=bibliophole&uid=cygUhMgRUURLuQOmSEwU9g==

1 comment:

Norma said...

That is truly a great ad!!!! Sorry it did not bring in better candidates.