Monday, February 8, 2010

"Oh, don't let it bother you LITTLE boy!


So, we were all working in the cafe the other night when I made the offer to train a few of my co-workers. The new chef who is transitioning from female to male has decided to take advantage of the all the hormones he's taking and bulk up. (Yes, this the crowd I know work with). I made the offer to train our new dishwasher as well and he promptly refused. I immediately asked if he wanted to spend the rest of his life getting sand kicked in his face whenever he went to the beach. He looked at me blankly in reply.

Yes I am old and I work with an increasingly younger crowd. It seems neither cook nor dishwasher, knew of, had heard of or seen the old standard comic book ad for Charles Atlas' workout program.

Our line cook however being my age did remember it and pointed out that it no longer played. Today if you kicked sand in someone's face they would pull out a gun and shoot you. to hell with going home and feeling bad about yourself.....

1 comment:

Norma said...

I remember that ad well, in the back of my "Archie" and "Richie Rich" comic books! Word Verification: ityle. If you asked Stephanie to write what country her ancestors emigrated from, she'd write "ityle"....