Monday, September 27, 2010

Maybe there's something to their claim...



I wouldn't attempt to handle Stevie either, he looks as though he's a real horror. However, when I was in grammar school Sister Mary used to keep us after school for detention at the drop of a hat. Fortunately my desk stood in a corner next to a bookcase stocked with a collection of old Childlcraft and Oz series books. As Sister Mary didn't care what we did in detention so long as we were quiet I took to reading them books!

Unfortunately Sister Mary eventually figured out that I was enjoying myself( a Catholic sin of epic proportions) and both a) stopped giving me detention and b) disallowed me from voluntarily staying after school to read. Yes I know I was, and still am, a bookworm dork....

1 comment:

Nostalgically Yours said...

I know the feeling! Cute story; thanks for posting.