Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Ask a Librarian"

Email icon Email us at library.reference@umb.edu

cell phone

Text us at 617-826-9978

chat icon

Chat Online with a Librarian 24/7

Office phone

Call us at 617.287.5940


Today's first reference question, received via email:

Dearest,

I presume that we have not met neither have we communicated before firstly, my name is Mrs. Francisca Cyril I am the wife of late Mr. Kenneth Cyril My late husband Mr. Kenneth Cyril, was a business man, experience in crude oil and diamond trading based in Accra-Ghana and Abidjan-Cote d'Ivoire, when he was alive, he was poisoned by his business associates on one of their business trips in France He died last Two months at the age of 53 after a brief illness in a private hospital Here in (Abidjan) Cote d' Ivoire, Could you believe that the tradition and custom of the town and Village where my late husband came from demands that any woman Who does not have a male child for the husband, that when ever the husband dies, all the properties including cash will be shared among the late husband brothers and the woman will be sent out of the husband house just like that. My dear, this is exactly what I am going through right now since last Two Months my husband died.

My late husband brothers has taken all the properties belonging to my late husband including bank account and as well sent me out of my Husband's house just because I do not have a male child for my late husband this is a waked tradition and believe. As am talking to you now, I and my only daughter are going through hell at the moment. Right now, I am having in my position all the vital documents relating to the sum of $10 million dollars which my late husband deposited with a bank, and he made all the vital Documents with my name as the next of kin before his death.

Please remember that I cannot make use of this fund here due to forces surrounding me at the moment.

As you know I am the next of kin to the deposit but my late husband made the beneficiary as foreign partner, but no name or contact of the beneficiary was mentioned by him during the time of deposit as he was still looking for partnership abroad before his untimely death. As of now I have the right to use any one I may choose as the beneficiary, this is why I contacted you as the beneficiary of the deposit.

Please have mercy at the poor widow like me and help me and my daughter out of this mess. I strongly believe that the only way I can secure this money for myself is to act fast now and lift this money overseas that is the main reason why I am contacting you for your assistance. Please, as soon as this fund is lifted into your country, you can go ahead and have 20% for your time and patience in helping me, while you will help me invest the balance in any business venture that will be profitable for both of us (You and I) Please if you are willing to help I am waiting for your urgent response.Please note that, I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always and I don't want them to know about this money.

Thanks

Yours Sincerely,

Mrs. Francisca Cyril

3 comments:

David Toms said...

I hope that you are going to show this poor widow some mercy as she requests? Cyril would never forgive you!

ilduce said...

I foisted this request off to one of my colleagues. Among the librarians here, I'm the pretty one, not the merciful one.

David Toms said...

I am glad you are the pretty one.