Wednesday, October 9, 2013

So TCM aired All That Heaven Allows last night


I manged to catch it after coming home discouraged from teaching the course forced upon me without pay by the evil corporation I work for.   Thus far my coping mechanism has been TCM and a two vodka minimum.

What the hell was Jane Wyman thinking???  If  Rock Hudson wanted to convert a historic mill inorder to marry me and move me into it and away from the rat race I'd have my bags packed fast enough to make your head spin.

Things are shaky at the evil corporation lately.  We've just been though our third round of layoffs.  Those of us still employed have been clearly told that do more, MUCH more, with a lot LOT less and suck it up.  Any whining will be an indication that you have time to complain  thus indicating that your job is not all consuming and may be viewed as an unnecessary position..  I'm feeling my own position in the rat race harder and harder to hold and seceding from it altogether is starting to appear more and more alluring.  Unfortunately I don't have anyone tall dark and handsome running a tree farm and hankering to help look after me.  And JaneWyman though she had headaches.....


No comments: