Friday, June 20, 2014


 "I made a point of stopping by her trailer for cocktails and such. Now the leading man on this film was Jeff Chandler, a terribly nice young man, very good-looking, and he and Joan were in the middle of a very steamy affair. I remember Joan staying on after filming and Jeff remained as well. We were about halfway through the film when Joan invited me to her house for a small dinner party and I really had made very definite plans and had to decline. Well, she seemed alright with it, until the next morning I arrived on the set only to find my trailer had been physically moved almost to the parking lot of Universal…You learn not to say ‘no’ to Miss Joan Crawford unless you wish to suffer the consequences."  -Natalie Schafer 

And one more shot of Mr. Chandler, Why not?

No comments: