Monday, October 27, 2008

Furniture hopping

I’ve spent this past weekend playing musical chest of drawers, Having been looking for a perfect 36”w by 36”h mahogany chest of drawers to it into the last available but of free space in my bedroom, I resignedly purchased a slightly larger piece in need of MUCH T.L.C. at our School’s rummage sale (solely due to the price tag of $30.00!)

I then spent Saturday shopping for a similar piece with a friend of mine for his child’s room after turning him green with envy showing off my. new purchase.

On Sunday I visited a new antique co-op I’d heard of but never been to, only to find the PERFECTLY sized chest in PERFECT condition marked down to only $200 AND I was fortunate enough to have another friend with a S.U.V. along to cart it home. Thus avoiding delivery charges

Long story short, three days of shopping, two purchases, many phone calls, two deliveries and one swap out later I find that I am now furnishing my friends home as well as my own. I should be getting a commission for this.

No comments: