Friday, October 10, 2008

Small steps


I am finally able to keep a bedside lamp, alarm clock and reading material at arms reach/eye level by my bed! The new bedroom space, while large, houses several pieces of antique furniture, the proportions of which left very little space for a night stand of any kind. Not having any free time to comb though every antique store in the city, nor the budget to do so, luckily I located a nightstand tall and narrow enough with matching mahogany finish that would fit the bill on overstock.com. After much searching and even more trepidation I finally ordered a piece of furniture, physical sight unseen, over the internet

After some shipping delays, the package getting lost and some mis-communication form Overstock.com’s customer service the package finally came about six weeks late (which seems to be the schedule for the bathroom and basement reconstruction as well!)

My contractor promised me yesterday that my new bathroom would be done today (5 weeks delay) I think I’ll hold on to the nightstand as my current tangible achievement

He’s informed me that two clients have cancelled kitchen renovations due to the economy tanking. I’m only half way though all my work and it’s getting damn scary right all those large checks. If he’s smart he’ll finish the basement and back porch quickly before I have a chance to change my mind.

No comments: