Thursday, August 4, 2011

Inquiring minds want to know.....



 We've been recently advices b an acquaintance that we need to lower our standards.  the exact line was: "He had an ugly face, but you known we're n our forties now so we have to lower our standards, so I went out with him"  (You'll be happy to know that Mr. "Ugly Face" promptly dumped Mr. lonely hearts after two dates for being lousy in bed). It got me to ruminating.  I'm turning 45 next month and it's not the first time I've heard such from other men in their forties, usually from those who've let themselves go and no longer care about working out. 

I'm in the best physical shape I've ever been in and slowly progressing towards stage competition.  I'd like to get a little back of what I'm using as bait!

Has anyone had any luck with lowering their standards?

2 comments:

ayeM8y said...

Honestly, it’s kind of hard to lower your standards when you never really had any in the first place. I’m forty-six attractive and in good shape and I’ve never had a problem attracting the one I want. Personality has a lot to do with it. However, I have never been attracted to twenty year olds nor have they been attracted to me. I never know what I’m going to like until I see him. This is usually a mutual thing. Generally I like tall older men and they usually like smaller and younger. It works out. I am approaching the age group that I am usually attracted too and am now being pursued by younger men. Go figure. If I do have any standard or predisposition toward a “type” it would be older tall bald men and admittedly with a certain amount of creepy. There I said it…I like’em creepy.
I run into guys all the time that bemoan the fact that they are single and can’t find that one guy that fits the bill. I think it’s not standards but more of an ideal that they search for. In essence they search for someone who just doesn’t exist and when they finally find one who fits the bill there is usually no reciprocation from this person. It’s an endless cycle of disappointment.
Try dropping the requirements rather than the standards and maybe you’ll just meet a wonderful person that all though they don’t measure up in all the categories may just turn out to be Mr. Right. It will be love and you will skip down the beach holding hands.
“The birds are buzzing and the bees are singing…” Marcia Brady

David Toms said...

Dont lower a thing! If anything raise them!