Monday, January 17, 2011

Root causes?

Way way back in the sands of time, circa 1973, I have cloudy memories of a TV series focusing on a married couple, the plot focusing on the wife having E.S.P. I say cloudy because In memory I Had Meridith Baxter Birney starring in the lead role. Somehow my memory had combined Bridget Loves Bernie with The Girl With Something Extra

The Girl with something extra actually starred Sally Field and John Davidson, since my mind confused who Sally even was or played, it's safe assume that it must have been focused on Mr. Davidson.
More importantly it's retained the memory of one particular episode" "All the Nude That's Fit to Print" in which the character of Mr. Davidson was approached to pose nude as a centerfold. The plot focused on his deciding on such and featured a dream montage of Mr. Davidson making publicity appearance in the buff.

I can't say that I've ever really considered Mr Davidson attractive, he's always been a little too "square" and squeaky clean for me but the image of him being interviewed nude by Merv Griffin has been hard to shake out of my memory banks. Just sayin......

And if that memory isn't disturbing enough, here's a little psychotic episode from The Street of San Francisco:

1 comment:

David Toms said...

He was a hunk! I also loved Bridget Love's Bernie. Actually I think I loved Bernie more than Bridget did!