Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bulking bye bye. i.e. real before and after (to follow)


Today ends the longest consecutive bulking period I've ever attempted.  Four months of extra calories, deliberate carb intake and creatine cycling have brought be to193 pounds, a far cry from the 160 pounds I'd leaned down to by my birthday.

Now it's four months of additional cardio sessions before work, swimming laps at lunch and continued weight sessions at night, all while sharply dropping my caloric and carb intake.  Bye bye bread.  I'll miss you Mac & cheese, Smart Food and  PB&J!  I'm hoping to retain at least 170/175  pounds of lean muscle and to be cut enough to compete in May.  Would that it were all so easy as this great video found by Norma:


5 comments:

Norma said...

You know when you compete, I'll be there representin'! Barnes fuckin' AVE in the HOUSE! :) xo

ilduce said...

And YOU know there's no way I'm spray painting myself brown and donning a g-string without you n the audience!

Garret said...

Unfortunately I've bulked up... unintentionally.

Norma said...

I live for the day I see my childhood friend on display like a gilded trophy!!!

The Cool Cookie said...

You are beautiful no matter what weight you are at. Just remember, a healthy weight is best. This advice is coming from a man who is 70 lbs overweight mind you.