Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A good man is hard to find!

After being kept out of the gym for over a week due to a plaguing cold I returned last night only to find out my workout partner had been called out of the country due to a family illness and probably won’t return until next year. It was disheartening news and I will miss him and wish his family well. It’s not that I can’t work out alone, but in order to lift heavy and spur hopefully aggressive growth it’s helpful to have someone to spot you and encourage you.

It also got my thinking, he and I have been training for a while and it’s probably the healthiest relationship with another man I’ve had in a long time. We stay in communication with each other, show up when we way we will, are committed to seeing each other, encourage each other, look out for each other and watch each others backs. Now why can’t I find someone to date who would treat me like that??????

No comments: