Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work!





Well Christmas vacation ended today and I am back at my desk which is all well and good. I do not deal well with having too much free time on my hands. Maybe it's the Virgo in me, but I need to be constantly busy or at least escaping a busy workload to make my relaxation time actually relaxing.
Construction in the basement is still going on despite the December 20th deadline so all my vacation plans of moving furniture and all the $%^#**&@ piles of books that are crowding my kitchen, living room and dining room back down into the newly renovated basement could not happen.
This also means I could not start advertisng for roomates as the house is still too much of a mess to show anyone with the hope of enticing them to live there. Add to this the new economic worries that everyone seems to be facing, mounting reconstruction bills and no new money coming in, is it any wonder that I actually looked forward to returning to my desk and eight hours of cataloging rather than sit in my living room watching the rubble that was my home life get coverd in still more plaster dust?

2 comments:

Norma said...

Hey you...I would have thought that was Joe's baby pic if it were just shown to me randomly. What was up with the cape? Florence have other aspirations for you? : )

ilduce said...

That is indeed me. It's a picture we found when cleaning out the old house on Barnes Ave the “cape" is really a blanket hiding whatever's holding me upright. According to the back of the photo I was 6 months old, impossible to sit up on my own and thus explaining the odd large head to small body ratio! Note the snazzy bells on the shoes though!