Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow falling on cedars...


....or at least one lonely little librarian. I drew the short straw and had to come in to cover the library today. We're open on Martin Luther King day due to exams going in this week. It's not so bad except for the weather. We had a weeee bit of snow storm all though yesterday and last night. As a result I got to trudge the mile to campus though barely cleared sidewalks and roads, arriving to find that the walk to the library had not been cleared at all. I am now sitting at my desk watching avalanche size sheets of snow fall from the roof and crash outside my window. It makes me feel as if I defied death just to get here.

4 comments:

K-A said...

Wow, can you even see past he piles of snow? We are open today as well. Accept only for 4 hours, but I still have to go in for a regular 8 hour day, which starts at 1 PM and runs to 10PM.

Yes, the students are going to being banging down the door to get in for those 4 hours. NOT!

Stay warm.

ilduce said...

Believe it or not, there was a student waitng at the door,(having walked through the unplowed campus) at 8:00 a.m. and I've had a steady stream of patrons ever since.

mrpeenee said...

Are you still there? Will rescuers find your remains huddled over a dead fire of Gay and Lesbian Review back issues come the spring thaw? That would be so sad.

ilduce said...

Why thank you Mr. Peenee! It's heartwarming to k now someody cares!

I am alive and well and slightly bored with winter, thank ye very much! Nothing being snowbound with six feet of fit and handsome wouldn't take care of.